Garret Barnwell is a clinical psychologist registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA: PS0128317) practising from Parktown North, Johannesburg.
I am an integrative psychotherapist and utilise a person’s personal strengths to overcome challenges. This therapeutic style affirms the inherent value of each individual.
In therapy, we’d work together with any process, challenge or distress that you may be experiencing. I draw from cognitive-behavioural, relational and depth psychology approaches to help support you where you are.
I provide short-term and long-term psychotherapy to adolescents and adults. I have a warm approach, and therapy offers a space that is non-judgmental and confidential, where you may be yourself.
My areas of interest include:
- Mental distress related to existential worries, grief, trauma, depression, anxiety, panic attacks or other personal experiences and challenges;
- Relationship distress;
- Men’s issues (such as relationship conflict and masculinity);
- Occupational stress and burnout with a special interest in healthcare workers and people working in the NGO sector;
- Living and coping with chronic illness;
- Place-identity distress, such as moving to a new city, transfers, immigration;
- Climate-related distress, grief, anxiety, anger (see group processes).
In light of COVID-19, I am offering online psychotherapy. This is to assist with access to psychotherapy in light of “social distancing.”
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 0605875445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
When you call, I may be in a session and will be unable to pick-up the call. If you do not get through to me, please send me an SMS, Whatsapp or an email and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
I charge standard rates that are on a par with medical aids schemes.
These are my practice hours:
|Monday to Friday||08h00 – 18h00|
|Saturdays||08h00 – 12h00|