Garret Barnwell is a clinical psychologist registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA: PS0128317; BHF PC No: 0715085) practising from Parktown North, Johannesburg.
In psychotherapy, I work with your personal strengths to overcome challenges. My therapeutic style affirms the inherent value of each individual.
In therapy, I am guided by what you bring to the therapeutic process and value the importance of the therapeutic relationship. We’d work together with any process, challenge or distress that you may be experiencing. I draw from cognitive, relational, and critical psychology approaches to help support you where you are.
I provide short-term and long-term online therapy for anyone and in-person psychotherapy for those who have been vaccinated. I have a warm approach, and therapy offers a space that is non-judgemental and confidential, where you may be yourself.
My areas of interest include:
- Mental distress related to existential worries, grief, depression, anxiety, panic attacks or other personal experiences and challenges
- Trauma or stress, including different forms of political oppression
- Relationship distress
- Occupational stress and burnout with a special interest in healthcare workers and people working in the NGO sector;
- Living and coping with chronic illness;
- Migration and place-identity distress, such as moving to a new city, transfers, immigration;
- Psychological experiences of climate change and environmental degradation
For more information or to make an appointment, contact +27(0)605875445 or email email@example.com
If you call, I may be in a session and will be unable to pick-up the call. If you do not get through to me, please send me a Whatsapp or an email and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
I charge standard rates that are on a par with medical aids schemes.
These are my practice hours:
|Monday to Friday||08h00 – 18h00|
|Saturdays||08h00 – 12h00|